What is recruitment fraud?
Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated scam offering fake job opportunities to job seekers. This scam occurs when unauthorized third parties falsely pose as a company’s authorized recruiters.
We take this matter seriously and have notified the appropriate authorities in an effort to stop their fraudulent schemes. We are making you aware of this in the hope that you will avoid falling for this scam.
In this case the fraudster has been offering fraudulent employment opportunities to prospective Orthofix job seekers and is often asking for sensitive personal and financial information. This type of fraud is normally carried out through online services such as false websites, or through fake emails with addresses that appear to be from our company, but upon closer look are not from Orthofix. The fraudsters’ goal is to get you to provide your personal information and to have you make payments as part of their fake recruiting process.
Orthofix will never ask you for any financial commitment as a pre-employment condition or requirement.
How to spot recruitment fraud:
- All Orthofix jobs are posted on our career site: https://corp.orthofix.com/about/careers/. If you wish to apply for a job, please submit your application for an open position only within this site.
- Orthofix will never ask you for your personal financial or banking information or require any financial commitment as part of our candidate search or application process.
- Orthofix will not ask you to purchase equipment or supplies as part of your onboarding.
- No job offers will be made at Orthofix without a formal interview process.
- If you receive an email from a sender that does NOT contain the @orthofix.com, please treat it as fraudulent.
If you believe you have been contacted about a fraudulent job offer, we encourage you to help us prevent these scams by taking the following actions:
- Contact Orthofix at this address: RecruitmentFraudReporting@orthofix.com. Please attach the suspicious email that you received that includes the original subject line and complete header information.
- Report all perceived SCAMS to local authorities.
- Contact the FBI at this link to report the internet scam: https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx