The Unity® Lumbosacral Fixation System offers Unity 51 & Unity LX, two unique plates with low-profile design that can be used independently or jointly. The system maximizes anterior column stabilization while minimizing the challenges of an anterior approach to lumbosacral fixation. Strong, flexible, and secure, the Unity Lumbosacral Fixation System’s plate design facilitates stability with a claw-like grip.
The Unity 51® plate supports rigid single-level L5 – S1 fixation with a robust anatomically compatible design. The plate features a caudal lip that “hugs” the sacrum for easier alignment and 6.0mm and 7.0mm diameter angled screws maximize purchase. Top-locking plate reduces the potential for screw back-out. Two lengths of various instrumentation address different anatomical sizes.
The Unity LX® plate is designed for use at the lumbar levels above L5 – S1. Available in six heights, the Unity LX plate offers a low profile design with easy-to-read directional arrows on the plate surface which ensure proper construct set-up. Based on patient need and surgeon preference, the plate can be placed anteriorly or anterolaterally.
- Bone screws with variable angle insertion maximize purchase
- Key/keyhole feature prevents locking plate misalignment
- Plate lordosis matches curve of bony endplates
- Caudal lip hugs sacrum to simplify alignment
- Smooth surface and low profile design
- Easy-to-read directional arrows ensure proper implant alignment
- Optional anterior or anterolateral placement for intraoperative flexibility