The XCaliber® Meta-Diaphyseal Fixator is made of radiolucent material for unobstructed x-ray visualization. The metallic bolts and the cam and bush of each ball-joint, are the only radio-opaque components.
As it is radiolucent and made of a composite material, the ball-joint deforms after repeated tightening. In addition the joint is sealed and cannot be dismantled for cleaning.
- Stable Fixation of Metaphyseal and Diaphyseal Fractures
- A single fixator for both metaphyseal and diaphyseal fractures
- Built-in bone screw convergence of 0-15 degrees
- Optional supplementary screw clamps
- Multiple bone screw fixation possibilities with the same clamp
- Stable fixation (even in short bone segments) achieved through convergent and/or triangular screw positions
- Ball-joints allow correction up to 22 degrees from straight position, in any direction, with fixator in place
- Ball-joints lock/unlock from either side. One instrument for fixator locking/unlocking
- Supplementary screw holder available for versatile screw placement
- Telescoping body for fracture reduction, compression/distraction and dynamization for callus maturation
- Dynamic C/D Unit for compression/distraction and early cyclic movement for callus stimulation
- Ideal in proximal and distal metaphysis
- Less O.R. time – Ready to use with no assembly required.
- Single use – No maintenance and sterilization costs
- Less inventory – Minimal instrumentation
- Xtraordinary – Packaged as a sterile kit in three time-saving configurations, ready to use