Calcaneal Fixator System
CalcFix Plus Fixator is a monolateral fixation device indicated for the treatment of calcaneal fractures. It reduces displaced fractures, restoring the calcaneal volume and axes (e.g. Bohler’s Angle)
Features & Benefits
- Stable, it allows partial weight-bearing
- Improved* X-ray visualization of the fracture pattern
- Versatile, ambidextrous design can be adapted to different patient sizes and calcaneal axes
- Easy-to-use, thanks to the reduced instrumentation needed
- Provided in a ready-to-use sterile set
- Quicker* to apply thanks to the simplified and reduced operative steps
* Compared to the previous version
- The external fixation for the treatment of calcaneal fractures provides a good and stable reduction, and minimizes soft tissue complications due to open surgery1,2
- It is a minimally invasive procedure, compared to internal fixation with locking plates, and can minimize surgical time and complications due to surgical exposure 1,2
- The use of the external fixator enables early mobilization and a full weight-bearing at 4 weeks, thereby reducing stiffness and healing time.1,2
- The new design of CalcFix Plus Fixator uses less steel, which allows for improved x-ray visualization of the bone and the fracture site.
- CalcFix Plus Fixator is versatile thanks to the new improvements such as poliaxiality of external half pins and varus-valgus orientation of the posterior clamp.
- Each of the two arms of the fixator have an integrated rail controlled by a worm screw to allow the compression/distraction movement of the anterior and superior clamps. This helps the surgeon in obtaining a better restoration of the volume of the calcaneus and a proper Bohler’s Angle.
- The swiveling arm with an angle of rotation of 116° (from 14° to 130°) can be locked, by surgeon’s preference, to better place the superior half pins in the subtalar area.
- It is also easy-to-use due to reduced instrumentation needed for the application and simplified operative steps, leading to a quick application.
- Provided in a comprehensive sterile set, including implants and instruments, the CalcFix Plus Fixator is ready-to-use.
- Vicenti G. et al., 2019, Comparison of plate, calcanealplasty and external fixation in the management of calcaneal fractures – Injury 2019 Aug;50 Suppl 4:S39-S46
- Corina G. et al., 2014, Heel displaced intra-articular fractures treated with mini-calcaneal external fixator – Injury 2014 Dec;45 Suppl 6:S64-71