The Agile Nail™ is designed to address femoral fractures and deformity correction procedures. It consists of antegrade intramedullary nails for the femur with respective end-caps and locking screws. The intramedullary nails feature proximal and distal holes to accept locking screws. Nails, end-caps and screws are available in several sizes and are manufactured from a titanium alloy. All implantable devices are designed for single use only.
Benefits to Surgeon
- Diameter from 7 up to 10mm
- Titanium alloy implants
- Procurvation design for easy insertion
- Optimized and lean instrumentation
- ig with patented locking mechanism
Benefits to Patient
- Minimally invasive (with a small diameter for the nails and the screws)
- Early weight-bearing as tolerated by the patient and under surgeon discretion
- Titanium alloy implants to avoid allergic reaction to nickel
- 10° proximal bending to facilitate the lateral insertion of the nail and to reduce the impact on the growth plate
- Small proximal diameter of the nail for reduced invasiveness
For more info, see OrthofixKids.com.