TrueLok Hexapod System
The TL-HEX™ is a hexapod-based system designed at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children (TSRHC), Dallas, TX as a three-dimensional bone segment reposition module to augment the previously developed TrueLok™ Ring Fixation System frame. In essence, the system consists of circular and semi-circular external supports secured to the bones by wires and half pins and interconnected by six struts. This allows multi-planar adjustment of the external supports. The rings position is adjusted either rapidly or gradually in precise increments to perform bone segment repositioning in three-dimensional space. All components of the TL-HEX are compatible with the TrueLok Ring Fixation System; therefore, external supports from both systems can be connected to each other when building fixation blocks. All the basic components from the TrueLok Ring Fixation System (wire and half pin fixation bolts, posts, threaded rods, plates as well as other assembly components and instrumentation) should be utilized with the TL-HEX system. As with any other hexapod-type external fixator, for successful application of the TL-HEX system is available with an associated software (tlhex.com). To learn more about deformity correction, view patients stories and find other useful information about the TL-HEX system, please visit LimbHealing.com
Benefits to Surgeon
Simple – The TL-HEX provides simplified Hardware and Software for both Deformity and Trauma management.
Stable – The TL-HEX provides exceptional stability due to its unique aluminum-stainless steel and metal-plastic interface.
Versatile – The distinctive strut design allows performing acute and gradual adjustment in deformity correction and complex trauma procedures.
For more info, see TLHex.com.
Benefits to Patient
- Stability with proven limited movements at the bone site may enhance the bone healing and pain reduction 0.5mm increments in the correction permits a gradual correction of the deformity
- Aluminum rings make the system lighter
- Dedicated support material for patients of different arguments
- No need of a second surgery for removal (compared to internal fixation)
For more info, see LimbHealing.com.
- Struts Adjustments with TL-HEX
- Video Dynamization Module TL-HEX – Workshop
- TL-HEX Frame Assembly General Principles
- TL-HEX Brochure
- TL-HEX Software User Guide 2.3
- TL-HEX Patient ID Form
- TL-HEX White Paper
- TL-HEX Guide for Radiology
- HEX-Ray Flayer Promo
- TL-HEX Deformity Correction Journey
- TL-HEX TRAUMA Brochure
- Care HEXcellence Patient Tools Flyer
- Paediatric Products Brochure
- HEX-RAY Software User Guide v 2.3
- TL-HEX TRAUMA Operative Technique
- TL Dynamization Module Flyer
- TL-HEX Patient’s Guide
- MyHEXplan Surgeon Promo Flyer
- TL-HEX + G-BEAM FUSION BEAMING SYSTEM – Case Report