The Orthofix Limb Reconstruction System™ (LRS) is a series of modular monolateral external fixators to be used in reconstructive procedures for treatment of short stature, bone loss, open fractures, non-union, and angular deformities.
Benefits to Surgeon
- Telescopic Compression/Distraction Unit to cover a wide range of applications
- Compatible with other Orthofix systems for complex surgeries
- Ball and socket mechanism for clamp orientation and stability
Benefits to Patient
- Small sizes specifically developed for patient comfort
- Compression distraction unit with a simple turning mechanism
- No need of a second surgery for removal (compared to internal fixation)
For more info, see OrthofixKids.com.