The Fitbone™ intramedullary limb-lengthening system was developed in partnership with Prof. Rainer Baumgart, a world-famous specialist for intramedullary lengthening with more than 2000 Fitbone™ limb lengthening’s. Since its launch in 1997, this innovative treatment concept has grown into a global success story. The Fitbone TAA intramedullary lengthening system is intended for limb lengthening of the femur and tibia. With the combination of preoperative planning, specialist Fitbone™ instrumentation and the Fitbone™ lengthening nail, it is possible to make axial and torsional corrections as part of limb lengthening. The Fitbone intramedullary limb-lengthening system has been incorporated into the OrthoNext™ digital platform. The OrthoNext software features the reverse planning method module that simulates the target position, osteotomy level and blocking screw placement — enabling a more accurate preoperative assessment, optimized inventory sent to the OR and, above all, optimized limb correction.
- Instruments designed not only for lengthening but for optimal limb alignment
- Protection of soft-tissues with minimally-invasive instrumentation
- Safe alignment assessment and blocking screw placement with dummy (trial) nail
- Reliable power direct to the nail
- High distraction force independent of nail size
- No soft-tissue limitations
- Power transferred to the nail with small portable Control Set
- No magnets within the control set
- Bone is reamed to exactly fit the implant (step reamer)
- No over-reaming necessary, therefore it is a bone-conserving procedure
Manufacturer information is available on the product labels and relevant IFUs.