THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE IN THE UNITED STATES.
Accomplish the lag screw effect with the ease of a K-Wire – in just one pin. The innovative thread design of the Orthofix Fragment Fixation System auto-compresses bone fragments as the pin is advanced.
Features & Benefits
For bone fragments in upper and lower limbs
- All implants 120 mm long in a variety of thread lengths cut to length after insertion
- Excellent stability guaranteed by fine thread and unique design
- Compression possible between fragments
- No pre-drilling or pre-tapping required
- Medium and large sizes can be combined with a washer to improve cortical contact
- Implants have a three-sided trocar cutting tip and a finely machined threaded section, specially designed to guarantee good purchase in cancellous bone
- The proximal portion of each implant consists of a smooth shaft, the diameter of which is greater than that of the threaded section
- The chamfer at the intersection of the threaded portion and the smooth shaft functions to maintain fracture reduction
- Simplicity saves operative time1,2
- Holding power in bone allows joy stick manipulation of fragments prior to insertion of second implant
- Sinha S, Campbell AC. Orthofix pin: a method of small bone fragment stabilization. Injury. 2000 Oct;31(8):631-3.
- Rovinsky D, Haskell A, Liu Q, Paiement GD, Robinovitch S. Evaluation of a new method of small fragment fixation in a medial malleolus fracture model. J Orthop Trauma. 2000 Aug;14(6):420-5.