Opus™ is a synthetic osteoconductive scaffold that is compression resistant, fully resorbable, and easily customizable for a range of clinical applications.
- Comprised of Carbonate Apatite Bone Mineral and Type 1 Collagen
- Carbonate Apatite Bone Mineral has similar porosity and resorption as human bone1,2
- Type 1 Collagen is a great wicking material, binds proteins and cells, and retains biological factors3
- Easily hydrated and compression resistant
- Available in multiple configurations and sizes
- Matsuura, A., Kubo, T., Doi K., Hayashi, K., Morita, K., Yokota, R., Hayashi, H., Hirata, I., Okazaki, M., Akagawa, Y. (2009). Bone formation ability of carbonate apatite-collagen scaffolds with different carbonate contents. Dental Materials Journal, 28(2), 234-242.
- Ellies, LG., Carter, J.M., Natiella, J.R., Featherstone, J.D.B., Nelson, D.G.A. (1988). Quantitative analysis of early in vivo tissue response to synthetic apatite implants. J. of Biomed. Mater. Res., 22, 137-148.
- Geiger, M., Li, R.H., Friess, W. (2003). Collagen sponges for bone regeneration with rhBMP-2. Science Direct / Elsevier, 55, 1613-1629. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.addr.2003.08.010
Opus is manufactured by Collagen Matrix, Inc.