The XCaliber® Articulated Ankle Fixator is made of radiolucent material for unobstructed x-ray visualization. The metallic bolts and the cam and bush of each ball-joint, the clamp cover and the base of the ankle clamp are the only radio-opaque components.
Features & Benefits
As it is radiolucent and made of a composite material, the ball-joint deforms after repeated tightening. In addition the joint is sealed and cannot be dismantled for cleaning.
- Specially designed for tibial pilon fractures, and allows early joint movement
- Ball-joints allow correction up to 22 degrees from straight position, in any direction, with fixator in place
- Ball joints lock/unlock from either side
- One instrument for fixator locking/unlocking
- Radiolucent Ankle Pin Guide provides visualization of the rotational axis of the tibio-talar joint for correct screw positioning
- Distraction unit for ligamentotaxis
- Excellent stability and early joint movement with the radiolucent Articulated Ankle Clamp
- Ball-joint and telescoping body for anatomic reduction
- Less O.R. time – ready to use with no assembly required.
- Less radiation exposure for the surgical team
- No maintenance or sterilization costs – conveniently packaged in a sterile kit
- Less inventory – minimal instrumentation
- Minimally invasive
- Xtraordinary – packaged as a sterile kit in three time-saving configurations, ready for all long bone trauma applications
- Xtra light – as strong as conventional fixators, only lighter, for easier application and patient comfort
- X-ray friendly – the first large fixator body to be radiolucent
- No obstruction to fracture visualization, allowing faster and easier reduction
- Easier to check callus formation and bone healing
- The XCaliber Fixator is strictly single patient use