The small DAF™ is a modular system intended as a mean for stabilization of bone segments in a broad range of indications, including fractures and angular corrections (hemicallotasis).
Benefits to Surgeon
- Telescopic Compression/Distraction Unit to cover a wide range of applications
- Compatible with other Orthofix systems for complex surgeries
- Ball and socket mechanism for clamp orientation and stability
Benefits to Patient
- Small sizes specifically developed for patient comfort
- Compression distraction unit with a simple turning mechanism
- No need of a second surgery for removal (compared to internal fixation)
For more info, see OrthofixKids.com.